Carbondale, CO or Denver, CO Preferred, FT Remote Possible
At Backbone, we live by the mantra that passion drives results. We strive to align our clients with our team members’ interests, bridging the gap between work and play and keeping an eye on the elusive work/life harmony. If you join our team of smart, driven marketers, you’ll become part of an extended work family, drawn together by a passion for an active lifestyle.
The Digital Analyst will work within the Analytics team, collaborating with the Paid Media, Search, and Affiliate teams to report and analyze digital campaign performance for our clients. Responsibilities include aggregating data, designing/evaluating media tests, establishing ongoing measurement processes, and building performance reports.
- Design and deliver media tests, experimentation, and ongoing measurement to inform strategic decision making.
- Analyze data from several platforms (Adobe Analytics), Google Analytics, Facebook, Google Ads, etc.) to support media teams through deep-dive analyses on cross-channel campaign performance
- Build meaningful, client-facing reports to visualize and evaluate results across campaign, using Tableau
- Explore new tools and opportunities in the digital marketing landscape that can further our data capabilities
- Interface with clients, providing support and guidance on analytics functions
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years professional experience
Note: we consider applicants of all backgrounds. If you are excited about what we’re doing but don’t meet some of the criteria below, please don’t let that discourage you from applying
- Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, or similar platform
- Experience designing and evaluating media tests (A/B, Multivariate, Geo Holdout, Incrementality, etc.)
- Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- A solid understanding of statistical concepts relative to media testing
- Basic understanding of marketing and advertising principles, along with knowledge of media KPIs, concepts, and terms
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment that promotes collaboration
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships within the team and across the agency
- Detail-oriented, exceptional critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under pressure
- Strong initiative, a desire to learn new things and challenge the norm
The Extra Mile
- Measured or equivalent measurement platform
- Google Ads, Google Analytics and/or Facebook Blueprint certification
- SQL, coding and/or query logic
- Understanding of Backbone’s core values
- A love of the outdoors
- A sense of humor
- Be you, on our team. We seek to build an inclusive team and culture that values diverse lived experiences, backgrounds and skill sets.
Salary: $55k – $65k depending on experience
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k match
Perks: Flex time, powder days, wellness incentives, work from home/remote work options, office kegs, team hikes, floats, runs and playtime
Founded in 1997, Backbone Media is the country’s foremost active lifestyle marketing agency. We partner with leading brands to target, inspire and engage audiences through public relations, media planning and buying, digital media, affiliate marketing and social media management. With offices in Carbondale and Denver, Colorado, Backbone has been consistently included on Outside magazine’s “Best Places to Work” list.