Backbone Media is a leader in public relations and paid media for top active lifestyle and outdoor brands. We specialize in helping brands grow their market share and direct-to-consumer business.
At Backbone, we live by the mantra that passion drives results. We strive to align our clients with our team members’ interests, bridging the gap between work and play and keeping an eye on the elusive work/life harmony. If you join our team of smart, driven marketers, you’ll become part of an extended work family, drawn together by a passion for an active lifestyle.
Location: Denver, CO or Carbondale, CO
The SEM Coordinator will partner with SEM Managers and the Media Team to support execution of strategy and tactics on Google Ads. This includes reporting, budget management, and optimization of campaigns across Search, Performance Max, YouTube, and More. The position requires the ability to have working knowledge of Google’s suite of products, and ideally has some prior experience in managing Google Ads accounts. Most importantly a successful candidate will have an understanding of marketing concepts, have strong organizational skills, and a team-oriented mindset to ensure exceptional execution and communication among the SEM team. Overall, the ideal candidate has the skills and enthusiasm necessary to be a part of a fast-paced team that values strong cross-functional relationships, exploring emerging technologies, sharing best practices, and helping to drive innovation for the agency and our clients.
- Support Backbone Media’s SEM portfolio by assisting SEM Managers in campaign execution, optimization, budget pacing, and reporting.
- Develop relationships with internal SEM and Media account teams, have an understanding of clients’ overarching goals, and provide executional excellence to drive their business forward.
- Work with account lead to align on tactics and campaign mix for a full funnel strategy and build and optimize accordingly within the platform.
- Analyze campaigns to optimize targeting, keywords, and creative to improve conversion rates.
- Manage asset requests and deliverables for Performance and YouTube campaigns
- Pace SEM budgets to reach the allocated monthly spend and manage campaign budgets to maximize performance.
- Leverage Looker Studio and Tableau to support the team in order to provide insightful client reporting that is actionable.
- Collaborate with internal analytics team to ensure dashboards are accurate, and that reporting tags are implemented and performing properly.
- 0-1 years in managing Google Ads campaigns
- Extremely detail-oriented with critical-thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize, multi-task and work under pressure.
- Self-motivated and excited to take on new challenges.
- Motivated to learn overarching SEM strategy and best practices.
- Understanding of marketing and business strategy/concepts
- Excellent communication and literacy skills to convey recommendations to internal teams in a simplified way with clear actions.
- Basic capacity to generate visual narratives, in PowerPoint and other formats for client presentations.
- Self-motivated and excited to take on new challenges
- Analytical approach to managing data with a grasp over quantitative analysis and a natural curiosity to test and identify trends that drive performance and growth.
The Extra Mile
- Platform certification in Google Ads and previous experience in Google Analytics.
- Experience with Looker Studio, Tableau, and Asana (or similar project management tool)
- Understanding of Backbone’s core values.
- A love of the outdoors.
- A sense of humor.
Be you, on our team. We seek to build an inclusive team and culture that values diverse lived experiences, backgrounds, and skill sets.
Salary: $50,000 annually
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k match
Perks: Flex time, powder days, wellness incentives, work from home/remote work options, office kegs, team hikes, floats, runs and playtime
About Backbone Media: Backbone Media is a public relations, media planning and buying, and social media agency that partners with brands to target, engage and inspire the active lifestyle market. For over 25 years, Backbone has worked with gear, apparel, and technology brands, as well as tourism destinations around the world. With offices in Carbondale and Denver Colorado, Backbone has been consistently included on Outside Magazine’s “Best Places to Work” list.
Please no phone calls regarding job inquiries.
Backbone provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.