Carbondale, CO; Denver, CO; Remote
At Backbone, we live by the mantra that passion drives results. We strive to align our clients with our team members’ interests, bridging the gap between work and play and keeping an eye on work/life harmony. If you join our team of smart, driven marketers, you’ll become part of an extended work family, drawn together by a passion for an active lifestyle.
The Retail Media Manager will work with clients and internal teams to create and execute retail marketing plans for online retailers such as Amazon and Walmart.com. On a given day they will lead client calls, translate strategy to in-platform campaign optimizations, and collaborate with colleagues running paid media on other channels. The Retail Marketing Manager will have direct experience with managing ads and product listings on Amazon and other online retailers. Working with Backbone’s E-commerce Director, the Retail Media Manager will help shape this new service.
- Create and manage paid search and display campaigns on online retail ad platforms such as Amazon and Walmart.com
- Perform keyword + audience research for campaign setup
- Make retailer and ad mix recommendations that align with client goals and budgets
- Build test campaigns for budgeting and forecasting
- Creating copy recommendations for Sponsored Brands/Headline Search and Display Ads
- Help to determine client goals and work to achieve weekly and monthly KPIs
- Participate in status calls and own the relationship with clients
- Shape the long-term service offerings, define processes, and gain efficiencies across our client portfolio
Note: we consider applicants of all backgrounds. If you are excited about what we’re doing but don’t meet some of the criteria below, please don’t let that discourage you from applying
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years of work experience
- 2+ years of experience in Digital Retail Marketing including managing paid search, display, and/or catalog optimization for online retailers such as Amazon and Walmart.com and/or platforms such as Criteo and Instacart
- An understanding of optimizing brand store and product detail page content including titles, bullets, product descriptions, images, A+/enhanced content
- Experience with inputs outside of advertising to successful e-commerce including: promotion planning, supply chain considerations, and omni-channel strategy
- Data-driven mindset and experience drawing insights from data using Excel or Google Sheets including familiarity with metrics such as cost per click (CPC), return on ad spend (ROAS), and share of search/voice (SOV)
- Demonstrate strong customer service and mentorship skills
- Detail-oriented with exceptional critical-thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work with strict deadlines, juggle multiple priorities, stay organized, and work effectively with multiple clients
- An entrepreneurial mindset and eager to help chart the path for Backbone’s newest service
- Computer skills for editing and writing; proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
The Extra Mile
- Basic understanding of public relations, community management and paid media
- Strong interpersonal skills and a sense of humor
- Understanding of Backbone’s core values
Salary: $65,000 - $75,000 annually depending on experience
Benefits: Health (including Employer 100% paid option), Dental, Vision, 401k match
Perks: Flex time, powder days, wellness incentives, work from home/remote work options, office kegs, team hikes, floats, runs and playtime
Be you, on our team. We seek to build an inclusive team and culture that values diverse lived experiences, backgrounds and skill sets.
About Backbone Media: We are the country's leading active lifestyle media agency. For 25 years, Backbone has partnered with brands big and small to develop and execute effective, integrated media strategies. With offices in Carbondale and Denver, Colorado. Backbone has been consistently included on Outside Magazine’s “Best Places to Work” list.
Backbone provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Please no phone calls regarding job inquiries.