Backbone Media is a leader in public relations and paid media for top active lifestyle and outdoor brands. We specialize in helping brands grow their market share and direct-to-consumer business.
At Backbone, we live by the mantra that passion drives results. We strive to align our clients with our team members’ interests, bridging the gap between work and play and keeping an eye on the elusive work/life harmony. If you join our team of smart, driven marketers, you’ll become part of an extended work family, drawn together by a passion for an active lifestyle.
This position is remote-eligible to individuals residing in the United States. Preference will be given to candidates residing in Colorado. At this time, we are accepting applications from all states except California, New York and Washington.
The Associate SEM Manager will partner with senior leads on the SEM team and Media Strategists to support development and execution of SEM strategies, and optimize campaigns across Search, Shopping, YouTube, and Display on the behalf of Backbone’s clients. The position requires the ability to have a solid understanding of Google’s suite of products, and requires prior experience in managing Google Ads accounts, either for an agency or in-house. The ideal candidate has the skills and enthusiasm necessary to be a part of a fast-paced team that values strong cross-functional relationships, exploring emerging technologies, sharing best practices, and helping to drive innovation for the agency and our clients.
• Support Backbone Media’s SEM portfolio by assisting SEM Sr/Managers in strategic development, campaign execution, and reporting
• Develop relationships with internal SEM and Media account teams, have a strong grasp of clients’ overarching goals, and provide executional excellence to drive their business forward.
• Work with account lead to align on appropriate campaign structure and build out accordingly within the platform
• Analyze data and identify trends and insights to effectively optimize campaigns to drive key KPIs such as brand awareness, increase conversions, and improve conversion rates.
• Pace SEM budgets to reach the allocated monthly spend and manage campaign budgets to maximize performance.
• Leverage Google Data Studio and Tableau to provide insightful client reporting that is actionable.
• Conduct campaign audits for both new and existing client partners, and ensure campaigns are built and optimizing to their full potential
• Actively manage process implementation and technology tools for the SEM team
• 1-2 years in managing Google Ads campaigns
• Platform certification in Google Ads and previous experience in Google Analytics.
• Detail-oriented with critical-thinking and problem-solving abilities.
• Able to prioritize, multi-task and work under pressure.
• Self-motivated and excited to take on new challenges.
• Motivated to learn overarching SEM strategy and best practices
• Analytical approach to managing data with a grasp over quantitative analysis and a natural curiosity to test and identify trends that drive performance and growth.
• Excellent communication and literacy skills to convey recommendations to internal teams in a simplified way with clear actions.
• Basic capacity to generate visual narratives, in PowerPoint and other formats for client presentations.
• Self-motivated and excited to take on new challenges
The Extra Mile
• Experience with Google Merchant Center, Looker Studio, Tableau, and Asana (or similar project management tool)
• Knowledge of SEO principals and application.
• Understanding of Backbone’s core values.
• A love of the outdoors.
• A sense of humor.
Be you, on our team. We seek to build an inclusive team and culture that values diverse lived experiences, backgrounds, and skill sets.
Salary: $52,000 - $55,000 annual, dependent on experience
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k match
Perks: Flex time, powder days, wellness incentives, work from home/remote work options, office kegs, team hikes, floats, runs and playtime
About Backbone Media: Backbone Media is a public relations, media planning and buying, and social media agency that partners with brands to target, engage and inspire the active lifestyle market. For over 25 years, Backbone has worked with gear, apparel, and technology brands, as well as tourism destinations around the world. With offices in Carbondale and Denver Colorado, Backbone has been consistently included on Outside Magazine’s “Best Places to Work” list.
Please no phone calls regarding job inquiries.
Backbone provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.