At Backbone, we live by the mantra that passion drives results. We strive to align our clients with our team members’ interests, bridging the gap between work and play and keeping an eye on the elusive work/life harmony. If you join our team of smart, driven marketers, you’ll become part of an extended work family, drawn together by a passion for an active lifestyle.
Balancing brand goals with ecommerce goals is tricky business for Backbone Media’s clients. As the country’s leading Active Lifestyle Marketing Agency, Backbone Media has the unique opportunity to help brands like YETI, Smartwool, Filson, Osprey and many more with these challenges.
The Media Strategist is responsible for executing all day-to-day media planning and client-service activities associated with assigned accounts; developing and implementing strategic plans to achieve client growth goals; cultivating client and strategic partner relationships; training team members; and developing strategies to stay ahead of the ever-changing digital landscape. The ideal Media Strategist candidate is a critical thinker who is proactive and decisive with an analytical mindset that has experience in both digital and traditional media management.
- Provide strategic media recommendations with supporting rationale
- Develop, present and execute media strategies and plans
- Successfully manage client and vendor relationships
- Apply expertise to execution of paid social media campaigns across multiple platforms; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, TikTok, etc.
- Manage buy stewardship, analyze campaigns and recommend tactical changes to maximize campaign performance
- Lead the account team's on work in social ad platforms, analytics, trafficking, ad-serving and finance
- Manage day-to-day plan changes and maintenance of media plans
- Successfully manages, tracks and balances client budgets and cash on hand
- Respond to competitive requests, compiling appropriate data and analysis
- Analyzes research to develop strategies and tactics
- Train junior staff on strategy and implementation
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years of professional experience
- Your Capabilities
- Able to work successfully in a team environment that promotes collaboration in addition to confidently working independently and leveraging resources at hand
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with peers, clients, and strategic partners
- Possesses strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Has a solid understanding of mathematical concepts
- Effectively utilizes research tools including MRI and Facebook Audience Insights
- Understands the principles of marketing and advertising, along with knowledge of media concepts and terms, creative and budget requirements
- Experience in Facebook Ads Manager, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Google Data Studio and Google Campaign Manager
- Detail-oriented with exceptional critical-thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Able to prioritize, multi-task and work under pressure
- Possesses strong communication, project-management and time-management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
The Extra Mile
- Knowledgeable on all aspects of digital and traditional media, including Paid Social Media, Search Engine Management, Search Engine Optimization, Social Media Management, Mobile, Out-of-home, TV, Print, etc.
- Experience with Amazon Marketing Services and Amazon DSP
- Basic understanding of public relations, community management and affiliate marketing
- Understanding of Backbone’s core values
- A love of the outdoors
- A sense of humor
Be you, on our team. We seek to build an inclusive team and culture that values diverse lived experiences, backgrounds and skill sets.
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000 annual plus benefits including health, dental, vision and 401K
About Backbone Media: We are the country's leading active lifestyle media agency. For 25 years, Backbone has partnered with brands big and small to develop and execute effective, integrated media strategies. With offices in Carbondale and Denver, Colorado, Backbone has been consistently included on Outside Magazine’s “Best Places to Work” list.
Backbone provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Backbone Media requires all employees who enter a Backbone owned or operated facility or who physically interact with others - including, colleagues, vendors and clients - as part of their job duties to demonstrate proof of receiving a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of their employment, subject to exemptions for sincerely held religious beliefs, or medical reasons.