We usually respond within a month
At Backbone, we live by the mantra that passion drives results. We strive to align our clients with our team members’ interests, bridging the gap between work and play and keeping an eye on the elusive work/life balance. If you join our team of smart, driven marketers, you’ll become part of an extended work family, drawn together by a passion for an active lifestyle.
This position is remote-eligible to individuals residing in the United States. At this time, we will accept applications from all US states except California, New York and Washington.
As the Affiliate Manager, you will be responsible for developing the partnership and strategy with publishers, influencers, and traditional affiliate sites to drive placements, revenue, and exposure for Backbone clients. This position will collaborate with Media and PR teams to develop, align, and execute plans to increase awareness and achieve the client's traffic and revenue goals.
- Lead the development and execution of clients' affiliate programs; this includes day to day management of affiliate programs, recruiting affiliates, negotiating rates, and developing relationships
- Help to determine client goals and work to achieve weekly and monthly KPIs
- Cultivate and maintain ongoing relationships with key affiliates and publishers
- Identify and secure promotional and advertising opportunities through strategic partnerships
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting, highlighting and identifying areas for growth
- Manage annual affiliate budgets and commission structure/payouts
- Participate in status calls and own the relationship with clients
- Help shape long-term service offering, define processes and gain efficiencies across our client portfolio
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of work experience
- 1+ years of experience in Affiliate Marketing
- Proficient working in affiliate networks such as Avantlink, Rakuten, Pepperjam, ShareASale and/or Impact
- Able to help onboard new clients to a network and grow their program from day one
- Have a comprehensive understanding of all types of affiliates and know how to work best with each of them
- Work successfully in a team environment that promotes collaboration in addition to confidently working independently and leveraging resources at hand
- Establish and maintain effective relationships interdepartmentally, as well as with those outside the team and agency
- You communicate effectively at all levels
- Demonstrate strong customer service and mentorship skills
- Detail-oriented with exceptional critical-thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Possesses strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to work with strict deadlines, juggling multiple priorities, stay organized, and work effectively with multiple clients
- An entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Computer skills for editing and writing; proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
- Certification or comprehensive experience working with Google Analytics
The Extra Mile
- Basic understanding of public relations, community management and paid media
- Strong interpersonal skills and a sense of humor
- Experienced in Google Data Studio
- Understanding of Backbone’s core values
- A love of the outdoors
Be you, on our team. We seek to build an inclusive team and culture that values diverse lived experiences, backgrounds and skill sets.
Salary: $55,000-$65,000 annual plus benefits, depending on experience
About Backbone Media: We are the country's leading active lifestyle media agency. For 25 years, Backbone has partnered with brands big and small to develop and execute effective, integrated media strategies. With offices in Carbondale and Denver, Colorado, Backbone has been consistently included on Outside Magazine’s “Best Places to Work” list.
Please no phone calls regarding job inquiries.
Backbone provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- Affiliate Marketing
- Carbondale , Denver, Anywhere USA
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
About Backbone Media
Founded in 1997 in Carbondale, Colorado, Backbone is a marketing agency for outdoor and active lifestyle brands with services across the paid and earned media landscape.
Loading application form
Already working at Backbone Media?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.